Sunday, February 7, 2010

Managed Funds

After reading through the chapters regarding managed funds, I am surprised to see how both the book and slides favor investing through them, and it seemed far superior to all the other options mentioned in the previous chapters, a bit too good to be true in my opinion. After consulting my family and colleagues on this issue, I found out none of those I asked have ever used a managed fund before. Their reasons vary between managed funds being too risky (where the slides and the book prove otherwise), and that it lacks the psychological security of managing your money since someone else is taking care of it (the lack of financial control).

To me, all of this sounds very attractive, since there are many other things to cater for in the future apart from investments (work, leisure, childcare etc.), there will probably be insufficient time to manage investments by myself. Maybe this will be a viable option for me to both spare time (and stress) while gaining some profits at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment