Sunday, February 7, 2010

Risk and Insurance

A recent unfortunate accident, which happens to be a burglary in my own rental apartment (I was lucky not to be at home), had really made me rethink about the need of buying an insurance. The irony of all this is that the year before, I did actually acquire a theft insurance for my apartment (it was not cheap), which I have discontinued this year when the burglary happened.

Therefore. reading the slide regarding excuses for the young not to buy insurance was really a smack in the face. It's quite embarrassing that I have actually made most of the mistakes listed in the slide, including underestimating the risk, having poor financial planning and being ignorant of the consequences. I hope this will be a harsh reminder whenever I think about skipping insurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment