Sunday, February 7, 2010

Unit 1 and Chunks of Pie

To start off, I find that the first chapter, although very informative, seemed a bit far-fetched for my current situation. I understand that it is crucial for us in this stage to start planning on how to utilize our money, but for an international student like myself, not only have we hardy any investment experience, most have a part-time job at best. Beside, a majority of our expenses right now lie in the third chuck of the pie as mentioned in the slides, including transport, food, rent etc. My thoughts for the chapter in summary is great in theory, but a bit doubtful in action.

I would also like to compliment on the pie system introduced (found out it is not mentioned in the book), its really easy to understand and gives us a big picture on how to prioritize our spending in the near future. It is also much more suitable introduction than clithoroe's tips, since I feel the book is targeting a more mature audience. I find it a great start to the course, and I hope the later chapters would expand on the pie chunk theory.

No comments:

Post a Comment