Sunday, February 7, 2010

Retirement villages

The aging population is mentioned a few times throughout the course and it is natural to assume that demand for dwellings like Retirement villages would eventually increase (not very popular in Hong Kong, home for the elderly seems to be the favored choice). I myself know a few elder relatives who are living in one of these elderly homes, and I must admit there isn't much enjoyment in living in one of these places as far as I have seen. It is very depressing and lonely to be living in this "concentration camp” (concentrating all the elderly in one place). That said, it has made me re-evaluate the need for having children and owning a home, and that we have to take good care to our parents when they have reached retirement.

No comments:

Post a Comment